Welcome to my second public lecture inspired by the works of the ‘AI in Games’ series. This talk is a more lengthy and detailed discussion of my previous work looking at the Batman: Arkham series. Held at the University of Derby, UK, back in November of 2014, we discuss what are the core tenets of design needed for the non-player characters found in the Arkham games.
This talk is largely broken down into a number of key sections:
- Introduction to the talk. (00:00)
- The Batman: Arkham series. (2:50)
- The design-ethos of the Batman:Arkham series. (16:18)
- Looking at the AI theory. (34:15)
- In practice: Combat. (53:50)
- In practice: Stealth. (1:17:43)
- Closing Statement. (1:32:20)
As stated earlier, this piece is much richer discussion of that raised in a previous article hosted on the site:
- Arkham Intelligence – The original article and video from which this public lecture is based.